Design & Technology
Through Design and Technology we teach the investigation, designing, making and evaluation of products. We aim to teach Design and Technology in a creative and engaging way, through which pupils can:
- Access a wide range of materials and components, including food and textiles.
- Observe, handle, investigate and evaluate a range of everyday artefacts and gadgets.
- Develop the confidence and necessary skills to use appropriate tools and materials safely.
- Develop the skills necessary to communicate their ideas through a variety of different methods of drawing and modelling.
- Learn to work on a variety of Design and Technology tasks co-operatively in order to appreciate that designing and making are often team activities.
Where appropriate, undertake Design and Technology tasks which link with other areas of the curriculum.
Subject Lead: Mrs Harris